Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this programme, students will be able to:
- Formulate solutions to complex issues and problems related to the aviation industry by drawing on various sources of information and proven methodologies.
- Evaluate aviation related information and formulate technical solutions to enhance the operational procedures and to address related challenges.
- Analyse the commercial and management aspects of the aviation industry to support operational needs.
- Perform technical and managerial tasks proficiently and responsibly in developing a professional career in the aviation industry.
- Communicate professionally in a range of routine and specialized settings in aviation operations and management.
- Analyse the major socio-political, cultural, economic and ethical issues affecting the aviation industry in local, national, regional and international contexts.
Main Subject Areas
Aviation and Logistics
- Airport Operations and Management
- Aircraft Operations & Aviation Systems
- Airline Operations and In-Flight Services
- Air Freight Operations;
- Aviation Safety, Security and Regulation
- Airline Dispatch Operations
- Human Factors in Aviation
- Air Traffic Management
- Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Airline Strategic Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Mobile Technologies in Aviation
- Aviation Capstone Project
- Industry Placement
Further Studies Pathways
This programme has been offered since 2019-20. Articulation possibilities may include:
|Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
|Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Aviation)|
|Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Aeronautical Engineering)|
|Hong Kong University of Science and Technology|
|Master of Science in International Air Transport Operations Management|
|Cranfield University, UK|
|Master of Science in Air Transport Management|
|Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA|
|Master of Business Administration in Aviation Management|
|Hong Kong International Aviation Academy, Hong Kong; and Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC), France|
|Advanced Master in Air Transport Management|
|Swinburne University of Technology, Australia|
|Master of Aviation (Management)|
|University of New South Wales, Australia|
|Master of Aviation Management|
Graduates will be competent for a wide range of aviation related jobs across various sectors, which include:
- Air Freight
- Business Aviation
- Ground Handling and Ramp Handling
- Aviation Security Management
- Aircraft Leasing
- Aircraft Maintenance Services Logistics
- Aviation Equipment Supply
Graduates should be able to apply their aviation knowledge and generic skills acquired from the programme to enter entry-level positions such as Officers, Analysts or Supervisors in aviation related business units.